Gentoo Local Letting Policies
Local Letting Policy 1
PROPERTIES COVERED BY POLICY
Scorer's Lane, Great Lumley
- Applicants with a local connection (as per below) to the Parish of Great Lumley or its adjoining parishes, will first be prioritised above those without, regardless of banding priority
- After these applicants are prioritised, applicants with a local connection to the former district of Chester-le-Street will then be prioritised above those with no such connection.
- All other applicants will then be considered from County Durham but only if the properties are not allocated to applicants meeting the connection in points 1 or 2 above.
The following criteria is in place- in line with the section 106 agreement: -
When an applicant or member of the applicant’s household (who is to be rehoused with the applicant) is:
- Currently resident in the area for a minimum of 3 years
- Has an essential need to live close to another person who has permanent residence (min 3 years) in the area. This essential need applies to applicants who currently reside outside of the area who support or require support from someone who is resident in that area
- Currently employed within the area. This is defined in line with DKO policy as in continuous full or part time work* in the area for at least 12 months prior to the date of application. Part time work means a minimum of 2 full days per week.
Durham County Council has 100% nomination rights on initial and subsequent allocations of the development. Therefore, all properties will be allocated through Durham Key Options.
- December 2019