How to bid
We advertise all our available properties across County Durham:
- Through the property search option on this website here
- On your tablet or mobile
- In some of our partner landlord offices
- On boards in some public buildings
To view a demonstration on how this website works, please click here: Website demo
Our adverts will show you:
- The landlord
- The location (a map is available on the website) - we will not advertise the house number as some properties are still occupied during the letting cycle
- The property type and size
- The rent
- Council tax banding
- The energy performance rating (where available)
- Details of any disabled adaptations such as stair-lift, flat floor shower.
- If the property is a new build
- If the property is 'Available Immediately' which means you will be provisionally offered the property if you are the first to bid
Where available a photograph of the property or a similar property type is provided and you can access information about the local area and facilities.
Various symbols are used to tell you about the property, some examples are below
The number of bedrooms in the property
The property advertised is sheltered or
The minimum or maximum age that an applicant must be to apply for the property (age restriction will be displayed within the icon when viewed on the Property website or the Newsletter)
|The property has a garden
Off road parking is available at the property
The property is wheelchair accessible or has been adapted and priority will be given to households assessed as needing these adaptations.
'Placing a bid'
When you see the term 'place a bid', we simply mean this is how you express your interest in a property and add your name to the shortlist. You can 'bid' for properties at any point during the advert cycle. Our shortlists are generated by prioritising applicant's in order of band and priority dates.
It's important that you consider the 'bid' you are placing and that you definitely wish to be considered. Our scheme operates a '3 refusals' policy - you can read more about this in our policy. We may suspend your application should you refuse 3 properties in a 12 month period.
You can place bids using the following methods:
- Online using this website (see property search page)
- On your mobile or tablet
- Telephone your DKO partner
- In person at a DKO partner landlord office (currently unavailable due to Covid-19 restrictions).
Note: believe housing provide additional information on all the areas that they advertise their homes here: https://www.believehousing.co.uk/find-a-home/living-in-county-durham/